I kinda skipped the TBR for November after starting it up in October, but I think my reads for December are up in air enough that I can make a kinda-short one for all the books I FOR SURE want to finish before the end of year – for seasonal reasons or because I’ve literally put them off all year or that my library hold should come in before the end of the year. Which I know aren’t like. the best reasons but I do what I want. I was pretty good at sticking to my October TBR save for like… one or two books, and this one will have EVEN less books to account for the end of the year and me being away from my physical book collection. Anyways here they are:
- My friend Mina read this year in the year and absolutely loved it and it’s been sitting my shelf long enough for me to start to fell guilty with this his high praise so…. I’m gonna read it and not be a lazy POS for once.
- Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
- I AM STILL THE WORST I bought some more Discworld that my SO recommended me in September and I STILL HAVEN’T PICKED IT UP which means I’m going to at LEAST read the christmas-y one, especially since Death is a starring character in it, AKA the best.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Another one that a friend recommended to me…. this one’s been on my to read shelf for literally years. I got it for like a buck in a library sale so I have zero excuse at this point. Also I’m seeing my friend again during the holidays so… I should be able…. to talk to her about this book…..
Young Adult/Middle Grade
- I’m literally!!!! next in line for this book at my library so!!!! I should be getting it soon!!!!!!!! Another book that came out in 2018 that I was just like…. I should read this already…. I literally only read backlist books tho lmao.
- I Was Born for This by Alice Oseman
- I’m in the middle of this book right now, so if I don’t end up finishing it I’m going to riot. Another 2018 read I wanted to get done before the year was out lmao. Also I love Heartstoppers by the same author so I wanted to see if her books were on the same level for me.
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- THIS IS THE LAST BOOK I HAVE TO READ TO COMPLETE BOOK RIOTS READ HARDER CHALLENGE SO I GOTTA READ IT. It completes my last book on the list which is An assigned book you hated (or never finished) which like. I read this in 5th grade and just majorly did not get it? So I figured it would a good time to revisit this book after literally 15 years and see what I think
- Also I was not going to read the books I actually hated AKA Catcher in the Rye and The Scarlet Letter, so I went with a book that I was more ambivalent towards still counts don’t @ me.
I know this only like…. 6 books and no graphic novels but trust me I’ll read more than this. I just don’t know what they’ll be since again, I’ll be away from most of my books for the holiday so I’ll probably be slicing through my built up list of ebooks on my kindle. What are your plans for reading this month? Have you read any of these? Are you also stressed out about the concept of 2019 being 31 days away? Let me know in the comments though fair warning I am the absolute WORST at maintaining any sort of conversation but I’ll try my best. o/