Valentine’s day has come and gone, which means I get to bandwagon on the whole “lets write about love” But also like…. I’ve read a total of like one romance book that I’ve liked since last year, so I’m just going to go through and list some of my favorite romantic that I’ve read in books (if we include comics we’d be here….. all day) . Are all of these canon? Hell no. What do you expect from a bi who mostly reads genre fiction home to the straights. But I’m still standing by these. Fight me.
This is also a list to maybe give people like… an idea of what I like in romance? so that I can direct them to some of these and get some actual good romance recs.
Also these could have…. endgame spoilers I guess? If you see the name of a book you want to read just like… skim over it I guess. I’m not going to tag the books because this list is long because I read a lot and have a lot of feelings.
- Locke Lamora and Jean Tannen
From: The Lies of Locke Lamora
- State of Ship: Not Canon
- I’m sorry y’all like I totally get the friend angle but also Locke and Jean really care for each other and look after one another and I’d absolutely DIE if they smooched. Even if that means Jean can’t be my boyfriend. Locke u hurt him and u SUFFER YOU HERE ME!!!!!
- Henry “Monty” Montague and Percy Newton
- State of Ship: Canon
- THIS IS SO SWEET AND PURE AND ROMANTIC Y’ALL. This is one of the first historical romances that I actually felt like PHYSICAL PAIN over. I love that friends to lover trope love that pining it’s all SO GOOD
- Ahmad and Chava
- From: The Golem and the Jinni
- State of Ship: Canon????
- Y’all this ship is just SUFFERING. Another friends to lovers ship because im nothing if not predictable. but it involves supernatural beings so like add another 100 points to ‘things that are extremely Zen’s shit’